Help: Vendor Pricing
Summary: DCCWiki has implemented a system to track various pricing of products from various vendors.
The vendor pricing system is very young and is still under active development. This page is mostly a placeholder for future help topics regarding this.
Suggesting New URLs for a product
Typically URLs are auto-guessed using data collected from the vendor's webpage. However, some vendors do not use standard SEO tags to mark the product page information correctly. Our system prioritizes these tags first when determining which page to select. It also looks at the content for each page as part of the URL selection ranking system. However, a webpage might be selected incorrectly. The following method allows you to update an existing URL for a vendor.
The vendor must exist before adding a URL to the vendor. If the vendor is missing, use see Adding Vendors below.
To update a vendor's URL for a specific product:
- See section above titles Checking Prices. Typically it's found while viewing the product details it self. This can be found from the Lists drop down at the top of the page (or expanding the menu when viewing the site on small screens).
- While viewing the list of prices for vendors for the product, click on the pencil to edit this item.
- From the details page, you can either:
- Suggest a New URL and follow the wizard, or:
- Use one the already Auto Found URLs and click on the green hand that looks like .
Adding vendors requires the effort of a DCCWiki engineer to add a vendor to the price comparison system. It sometimes can take a while to get the vendor fully onboarded.
To suggest a new vendor, complete the New Vendor Request form.
A DCCWiki engineer will complete these steps after a new vendor request has be completed:
- Review the request and ensure there's no duplicate vendor created.
- Review the vendow's website to ensure they sell DCC related products and to check if the website is compatible our pricing system.
- Begin by reviewing various products on the vendors website and spot checking a few prices.
- Begin implementing changes to the DCCWiki price search engine to include the vendor's website.
- Data collection will begin slowly over the new few days and weeks. This helps to ensure the vendor's website doesn't get overwhelmed by DCCWiki price engine tasks.