Product: NCE CS02
|There is a full list of command stations available. For help with terms, see the Terms List.|
|Common Name||PowerPro 5A or CS02 command Station.||Manufacturer||NCE|
|Product URL||http://www.ncedcc.com/home.html||Manual URL|
|Integrated Throttle||Knobs and Buttons||Max Current||5|
|Computer Interface||Yes||Software Upgrade Possible||Yes|
|Communications BUS||NCE Cab||Firmware Upgrade Possible||Yes|
|Separate Programming Track||Yes|
|Address Range||2/4||Max Simultaneous Trains||256|
|Support Consisting||Basic, Advanced, Other||Max Consists||127|
|Speed Steps||128||Max Switches||2,044|
|Zero Stretching||No||Ops Mode Programming||true|
|Auto Shuffle Train / Signal Speed Control||No||LocoNumberReadback||Yes|
- Unit must be returned to manufacturer for updating.
- Older units do not support functions F9 – F12
What references this product
Other Command Stations made by same manufacturer
The PowerPro is a complete DCC system with a Command Station,5A Booster and Full featured walk around cab. A 10Amp version is also available. The CS02 is just the command station portion of the PowerPro System and is sold as a upgrade path to NCE. There is no booster or cab included.
127 Advanced Consist are supported per system. 1 "Basic Consist" (old style) of a maximum of 4 locomotives per throttle is supported. Throttles are are all walk-around (not integrated). 5A and 10 Boosters are offered. NCE support "unified" consisting per NMRA and marked as "other". NCE does not support DC locomotives (Zero streatching.)
Universal is not a NMRA consisting term. It is a digitrax marketing term. NMRA consisting terms are:
1) Address: Decoder based where the locomotive are given the same address. Single speed command from a throttle controls the consist. Uses CV2 (Short Address) or CV17/18 (long address)
2) Basic: Command Station based where the command station send multiple speed commands to each locomotive in the consist from a single throttle to force the decoders to act as part of the consist. Decoders have no knowledge they are part of a consist.
3) Advanced: Decoder based using CV19 to store the consist address. Single speed command from throttle is sent to consist address and controls any and all decoders with CV19 matching that consist address.
4) Unified: Combination of Basic and Advanced.