QSI Solutions/QSI Function Keys
DCCWiki, a community DCC encyclopedia.
QSI Default Function Key Assignment
Quantum 1, 2 & 3
Firmware Versions 7, 8, & 9
- This table is for Quantum 1, 2 or 3 Multifunction Decoders with firmware versions 7, 8 and 9.
- Quantum decoders support the 0-12 Function Key standard as now accepted by the NMRA. The old 0-8 standard is not supported.
|QSI Quantum 3, 2, & 1 Multifunction Decoder Function Keys, Default|
|FL(f)||Headlight, Reverse Light, and Hazard Light Directional Lighting||Headlight, Reverse Light, and Hazard Light Directional Lighting|
|FL(r)||Headlight, Reverse Light, and Hazard Light Directional Lighting||Headlight, Reverse Light, and Hazard Light Directional Lighting|
|F1||Bell on/off (if assigned)||Bell on/off (if assigned)|
|F2||Horn/Whistle w/ Doppler Shift||Horn/Whistle|
|F3||Coupler Crash/Coupler Fire||Coupler Arm (Enable) or Coupler Fire|
|F4||Steam Blower Hiss/ Diesel Fans and Louvers / Electric Cooling Fans||Steam Blower Hiss/ Diesel Fans and Louvers / Electric Cooling Fans|
|F6||Doppler Shift||Locomotive Start Up|
|F7||Squealing Brakes/Flanges and Air Brakes||Steam Cylinder Cocks Arm Diesel Long Air Let-off Electric Long Air Let-off Gas Turbine/Diesel Transition|
|F9||Heavy Load||Shut Down: Disconnect – Standby – Total Shut Down |
|F10||Status Report (SMPH)||Status Report (ID’s, etc.)|
|F11||Alternate Horn Selection Number Board or Marker Lights on/off||Alternate Horn Selection/ Number Board or Marker Lights on/off|
|F12||Automatic Cab Lights||Automatic Cab Lights|
|F13||System Volume Decrease ||System Volume Decrease |
|F14||System Volume Increase ||System Volume Increase |
|F15||Grade Crossing |
|F26||Fuel Loading Scenario|
|F27||Maintenance Scenario |
|F28||Water Scoop Scenario ||Water Loading Scenario |
- Neutral, from Forward / Neutral, from Reverse
- The FL Key is labeled “F0”, “Headlights” “Lights” or “Directional Lighting” on some DCC controllers.
- FL(f) and FL(r) activate/deactivate the automatic behavior of the Headlight, Reverse Light, and Hazard Directional Lighting regardless of which direction the train is moving.
- If the prototype did not have a bell, the bell feature is not assigned to F1 and no other feature is assigned in its place.
- Early Q1 BLI and Lionel locomotives used F9 for Cruise Control, which was only available on locomotives equipped with Speed Control.
- There are three stages to Shut Down. You double click the F9 key to advance to each stage.
- Versions 8 and 9 only
- (Version 8 and 9, Steam only)