Tam Valley Depot QuadLN
Summary: The QuadLN is an accessory decoder/servo driver for LocoNet from the Tam Valley Depot.
From the manual:
- The Quad-LN is an accessory decoder that can drive 4 servos for controlling turnouts. The servos can be actuated using pushbutton or toggle switch inputs. A single input can control one or multiple servos. The Quad-LN can also drive 4 remote relay boards.
- Display the servo state on a Tam Valley Depot Fascia Controller or drive user control panel LEDs.
- Besides showing whether a turnout is Closed or Thrown, the Quad-LN can indicate when a servo is in motion (without requiring Turnout Position Feedback sensors!) and when it is Locked.
- Loconet device. Servos can be controlled via Loconet Switch commands. Turnout position can be reported to software such as JMRI. The Quad-LN even provides local control Locking
- capability so that local pushbutton or toggle switch servo control can be disabled on an individual servo basis whenever desired by just sending a Loconet Switch command.
- Inputs can be wired to turnout position sensors to generate LocoNet Turnout Feedback messages. Inputs can also be wired to detectors and then report block occupancy using Loconet
- General Sensor messages. Almost any device with a contact closure or logic-level signal output can be wired to an available Quad-LN input and then reported via Loconet.
- Cascade and programmable Routes/ Selectors features that take advantage of the Loconet to implement layout control functions such as yard ladder control and track selection.
- Using the Quad-LN template in JMRI greatly simplifies things.
The Default Address is 11000. Accessory Decoders support up to 16382 ($3FFF) unique addresses.
Signal Board for Expansion Port
- Drive up to 24 LEDs
- Common Cathode
- Common Anode
- Two lead Bi-colour LED
- Series Resistor installed, provisions for an additional resistor are provided.
- Searchlight transition effects
- CPL semaphore effect
- Flashing signal aspects
- Flashing grade crossing with cross fade.
- Up to 48 signal aspects can be configured
- Signal control via NMRA Signal Head/Mast messages or Turnout Controlled Mast messages
Detector Add On Board
- Adds 4 detection blocks to the Quad-LN.
- Current based using transformers (CTs).
- The detection transformers are mounted on a small PC board with a screw block
- Sensitivity can be adjusted using the QuadLN_S remote aligner
- A fascia controller can be used
The Fascia Controller provides easy control of turnouts. A number of options are available.
Tam Valley Depot makes a number of DCC accessory boards, boosters and the Frog Juicer.