Stationary Decoder:Train Control Systems: SIC24
|This item has been End-of-lifed with no known successor.
Summary: Signal and Indicator Controller for various signals and indicators
|See more Misc DCC Items
|Train Control Systems
|Manufacturer Part Number
|Has computer interface
|Firmware Upgrade Possible
The SIC24 and the improved SIC24AD are designed and manufactured by Team Digital.
The SIC24 is suited to control various types of signals and indicators on a layout or a CTC panel. It can be used as a signal controller, to indicate block occupancy and turnout position or as a grade crossing gate controller with flashing signals. Combinations of some of these features are also possible. The SIC24 is compatible with many DCC systems.
- Built-in logic for automatically controlling signals using block detection
- Configurable to model many signaling systems
- Computer not required, but can be used with one
- 24 inputs
- 8 outputs
- Serial communications between boards
- LocoNet compatible
The SIC24 sends and receives switch commands, switch position feedback and sensor/block detection messages. It uses these same messages to communicate between multiple SIC24s and to determine signal states. All communication is over a serial bus, reducing the needed number of wires to implement a signal system. The serial bus is based on Digitrax’s LocoNet® and some features are unique to a Digitrax system. However, a Digitrax DCC system is not required for operation or programming. The SIC24 is compatible with LocoNet® block detectors such as the Digitrax BDL16 or detectors connected to its inputs such as the Team Digital DBD22 .
The SIC24AD is an updated version of the SIC24. It features the following improvements:
- Smart Programming improved with additional options for easier setup.
- CVs 1 to 9 have changed to be similar to SRC16.
- Decoder Configuration CV9 has some different options. No option to support Digitrax SE8C.
- Digitrax specific - improved LocoNet® interface resulting in fewer grounding issues with LocoNet®.
- DCC to serial bus gateway option.
- http://www.teamdigital1.com/index.html Team Digital website
- http://www.teamdigital1.com/prod_catalogue/sic24_product/sic24.html SIC24
- http://www.teamdigital1.com/prod_catalogue/sic24ad_product/sic24ad.html SIC24AD
- No FAQs link to this page.
No other Other DCC Equipment Items found. Feel free to add one.