Train Control Systems
Manufacturer: Train Control Systems
Summary: Train Control Systems (TCS) is a US-based manufacturer of DCC systems and Multifunction Decoders.
|See more Manufacturers|
|email@example.comURIs of the form "firstname.lastname@example.org" are not allowed.|
|Main URL||Main URL|
|URL to manuals|
|Address||Train Control Systems
P.O. Box 341 Blooming Glen, PA 18911
|Device Types||Mobile Decoder, Other|
See the Video.
TCS offers a large number of products for various scales including decoders Z, N, HO, G, and S-scale locomotives, as well as motherboards, speakers, housings, and various other components available from their website.
The only true CD-quality sound decoder in the industry available for steam (WOWSteam) and diesel (WOWDiesel) locomotives, featuring true to life 16 bit 44100Hz resolution.
Total conversion kits providing everything needed to convert an engine to WOWSound DCC, including a decoder, motherboard, Keep-Alive™, WOWSpeaker, and custom speaker housing. Every WOWKit has detailed installation pictures and information on the TCS website for ease-of use.
TCS Command Station
TCS is planning to release a command station. See the video below for a preview
Planned features include:
- WiFi connection to their WiFi Throttles, and other devices
- JMRI integration
- Programming Options
- OPS mode
- Programming track
- Includes integrated program track booster
- CV Readback
- LCC Integration
- NCE Cab Bus
- Support for both the Power and Pro Cab, and NCE Wireless Throttles
Every TCS decoder comes equipped with the easy-to-use AudioAssist™ audio menu
- Change CV settings without ever programming a CV.
- Pressing button 8 four times rapidly on any TCS decoder when your locomotive is at a stop accesses the Audio Assist™ menu.
- TCS Keep-Alive™ (KA) devices are used to supply power to decoders during times of power interruption due to dirty track or problematic track work.
- All TCS decoders shipping with date codes from after January 2012 support the Keep-Alive™ feature.
Railcom / Railcom+
TCS decoders with Version 89 firmware do support RailCom transponding. As of 2019, these decoders, when purchased directly from TCS, support RailCom/RailCom+. Those purchased from dealer stock may not be Version 89 decoders.
Decoders, Motherboards, and Keep Alive® are covered under a ONE YEAR “goof-proof” warranty which covers manufacturer defects, burns, shorts, physical damage, and operator error. The decoder will be repaired or replaced within one year even if the operator accidentally damages it.
Decoders determined to be out of warranty (CVs 250, 251, and 252 read to be more than 1 year out of date) will be charged an upgrade fee in exchange for a current production decoder unless a valid receipt of purchase can be provided.
- Decoder installation - How to install mobile decoders
- Configuration variable
- Keep Alive® is a trademark for identifying TCS' energy storage device.
TCS Decoder Factory
First Look - TCS DCC System
- Train Control Systems Documentation Wiki
- Comprehensive Steam Sound Guide
- Comprehensive Diesel Sound Guide
- Installation Pictures - Database of installation pictures and instructions for TCS decoders
- TCS Warranty Information - Includes details about TCS Warranty and filing a warranty claim
- TCS Comprehensive Programming Guide
References this manufacturer
Train Control Systems FAQs
No FAQs found for the requested topic.