Digitrax Hints/Status Codes
The Status Code is displayed in the form of two digits. The left digit indicates the actual status of this multifunction decoder is to the system. The right shows what type of multifunction decoder it is. Check your manual for the command station as additional codes may exist.
The command station assigns a status code to each locomotive in the roster at any given time. Status codes are a 2–digit number displayed in the form of aa:xy for a primary address, and St:xy if an extended address is in use.
The x digit indicates if the multifunction decoder is new to the roster, common, idle or in–use. This digit also determines if that particular address can be selected by throttles and whether its data is being refreshed by the command station. This controls the ability to share a locomotive between throttles. Refreshed indicates the command station is repeating the last command transmitted to that address. By continually sending the last command, the decoder can gracefully recover from power interruptions.
Status Codes for the DCS100/DT100
Status displayed is 07
- This indicates the decoder is new, selectable, and refreshed, 128 speed steps and FX modes are available
|Left (X) Value||State||Selectable||Refresh||Right (Y) Value||Meaning|
|0y||New||Selectable||Not Refreshed||x0||28 speed steps|
|2y||Idle||Selectable||Not Refreshed||x2||14 Steps|
|3y||In Use||Selectable||Refreshed||x3||128 Steps|
|5x||Common||Not Selectable||Consist Refreshed||x4||28 Steps/FX Decoder, Enable Advanced Consisting|
|7x||In Use||Not Selectable||Consist Refreshed||x7||128 Steps/FX Decoder, Enable Advanced Consisting|
|xb||128 Step Consist Top|
- A little note regarding the terminology used here.
- Refresh : The command station is or is not sending packets with this decoder address.
- Selectable: A throttle/computer can select this address.
- In-Use: Address is currently in use by the system or another throttle.
- Common and Idle
- Address is not in use, may be selected by another throttle/computer, etc. The difference is packets are being sent from command station to the rails or not. Common = Refreshed, Idle = not Refreshed.
- New: Address is currently not in the command station’s memory, so it will be entered as new.
- A status of “New, 128 speed step”  is the Factory Default.
- Consist: Address is Mu'ed with other locos as related to Digitrax UniVersal consisting.
- FX : Decoder supports Advanced consisting. If the command station supports this mode it can be used with the decoder.
- TOP means that this locomotive is the "Top" or First locomotive in a consist, all commands are addressed to it.
Decoder Status, DCS100/DCS240
The DT4xx throttle displays the following status codes:
|28||28 speed step mode|
|14||14 speed step mode|
|128||128 speed step mode|
|*28FX||28 speed steps, enable Advanced Consist mode|
|*128FX||128 speed step steps, enable advanced consist mode|
- Digitrax systems such as the Chief also have Unified consisting, which automatically selects the type of consisting to use. If you want to include Advanced consisting the FX status must be set. If not set, UniVersal consisting will be used, the most common method used by Digitrax users.
- On the factory default. Digitrax sets the default speed steps to 128. You can use Status Edit to select another speed step if required. The Digitrax DB150 and DCS100 command stations also allow system defaults to be globally changed. These global changes are made via OPSW#s 21-22-23. These defaults also can be made on a throttle by throttle basis by changing the defaults on the DT100 throttles. For example this allows one throttle to enter new addresses as 28 SS, and yet another as 128 SS. This allows the user to set defaults that match their most used decoders types, reducing or eliminating Status Edits, by allowing the system to set it automatically.