BDL162 Block Detection (DSS1 LocoShuttle)
Occupancy Detection:Sig-naTrack: BDL162 Block Detection (DSS1 LocoShuttle)
Summary: The DSS1 LocoShuttle is a LocoNet device which can automate train movements. Manufactured by Sig-naTrak in the United Kingdom. The LocoShuttle is a LocoNet device that behaves as a programmable throttle. Using occupancy detection, it can automate train movements.
|See more Misc DCC Items|
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Common Name||BDL162 Block Detection|
|Product URL||Product Link|
|Has computer interface||None|
|Firmware Upgrade Possible||No|
Manufactured by Sig-naTrak in the United Kingdom. Sig-naTrak makes a number of DCC accessories and controllers.
The LocoShuttle is a LocoNet device that behaves as a programmable throttle. Using block detection it can automate train movements.
Simple programming can be done using a throttle. Complex programming requires a computer running the Locoanalyse software. The device can store 4 sequences with 16 steps per sequence.
The DSS1 provides two simple sequences:
- End to End: Two detectors allow the train to run between points. A programmable delay is available.
- Station Stop: The train will stop at a point, such as a station on a loop of track. It can be set up to stop every time, or after a set number of loops have been completed.
The LocoShuttle can also control switches along the route, and wait for events to occur using turnout motors or switches. Several can be used together to create an interlocking system.
The device is ready to use with four preprogrammed sequences. Additional programming is possible, using a throttle for simple sequences or a computer for more complex sequences.
The device also allows for adjustment of locomotive speed and features acceleration and deceleration routines for smooth realistic operation.
- Two buttons to control operation sequence and select the locomotive
- Speed control buttons
- Four digit interface displays Sequence number, state and speed.
- No FAQs link to this page.