Summary: A list of the revisions made to the LokProgrammer software
Over the life of the LokProgrammer, ESU has released a number of software updates for the LokProgrammer Software.
The LokProgrammer software application also included firmware updates for the LokSound and LokPilot, as well as other multifunction decoders from ESU.
- Includes firmware 5.9.159 for all LokSound 5 decoders.
- Possible to adjust the desired acoustics to the speaker installed there using bass and treble control.
- CV 196 for bass, CV 197 for treble.
- Update for Broadway Limited Steam locomotive support.
- Virtual Drivers Cab: Added sliders for Tone Control
This list is not necessarily complete.
- New firmware 5.8.156 for LokSound 5 / LokPilot 5 family: New CV199: Defines class light logic number of lamps. "Phase Shift" replaces "Alternate Phase" for certain function output modes: Alloes for different start of the output. Sensor1 and Sensor2 can be setup as analog inputs. Analog settings - Analog mode motor control. Dynamic Sound Control (experimental) für load dependent sound.
- New firmware 1.0.9 for SignalPilot: Support for Hardware Revision 2.0
- New Firmware 0.0.135 for LokProgrammer device: Support for Hardware Revision V3.7
- Sound Editor: New implementation for the list of sound samples (Wave-Files) to support faster response.
- Bugfix: Query "Save changes" before converting to another project.
- New firmware 5.7.151 for LokSound 5 family: New CV122.6: Analog settings - Analog mode motor control - High frequency PWM motor control for smoother operation with Coreless motors
- New firmware 5.6.149 for LokSound 5 family: New CV122.5: Analog settings - Sound control behaviour - Ignore Acceleration and Deceleration values in the sound schedule.
- New Firmware 5.6.148 for LokPilot 5 family: Bugfix LokPilot 5 Fx micro Next18 / LokPilot 5 Fx micro-Next 18 DCC: Now you can do Service mode programming without load on AUX1
- Added Support for LokSound 5 hardware Revision 5.1
- Added default values for LokPilot 5 Basic
- New firmware 5.6.147 for LokSound 5 family: Registerconditions <= und >= have been interpreted as > or < in the sound schedule.
- New firmware 5.6.145 for LokPilot 5L: Support for new silicon revisions of the ARM controller
- New firmware 1.0.8. for SignalPilot: Support for up to two SwitchPilot Extension modules (future hardware upgrade). Outputs configured for automatic timeout will no longer be enabled at startup. This fixes issues with motorized switch motors.
- New firmware 3.0.13 for SwitchPilot 3 Servo: Servo pulses will be sent to the servo every 20mS now. This fixes issues with Faller servos
- Bugfixes: Sound schedule: Container code size validation corrected. Soundsimulator: Register conditions <= and >= have been interpreted as < and >.
- New Decoder LokSound 5 micro DCC Direct Atlas Legacy.
- New Firmware 5.6.145 for LokSound 5 Family: In combination with suitable locomotive PCBA, fan motors could be synchronized with the sound schedule. This firmware also supports new silicon revisions of the ARM controller.
- In the LokProgrammer CV read / write menu, you can now write CVs using Programming on the Main ("POM"). In the Driver's Cab, you can also write CVs using POM while the locomotive is running now.
- Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8. Supported OS are now Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) or newer. No XP support any longer!
- New Firmware 5.6.144 for LokSound 5 micro / LokPilot 5 micro with Next 18 interface: Fixes a SUSI-Initialization bug on decoders using Next18 interface: SUSI-Modules often did not work correctly.
- New Firmware 5.6.143 for LokSound 5 / LokPilot 5 Family: Fixes a SUSI-Initialization bug on decoders using Next18 interface: SUSI-Modules often did not work correctly.
- New Firmware 3.0.12 for SwitchPilot 3 family. Support for upcoming Hardware Version 3.1
- SignalPilot: New signal aspects for Austria and Netherlands added.
- Added additional function button icons to match new Firmware 4.2.9. for ECoS and CS1R
- New Firmware 5.6.142 for LokSound 5 / LokPilot 5 family: new CV 122 Bit 4 in general output settings enforces the slave communication at AUX3, AUX4.
- SignalPilot: new SBB L Main signal Halt/FB1/FB2/FB3/FB4/FB5/FB6/Hilfssignal N/Rot/Ersatzrot Signal.
- Bugfixes: LokSound 5 / LokPilot 5 family: Physical output configuration showed mapped outputs in gray by mistake occasionally.
- New Firmware 5.5.141 for LokSound 5 family: Support for alternative flash memory IC brand used as sound storage.
- New Firmware 5.4.140 for LokPilot 5 family: Support for new Hardware Revision 5.1 of LokPilot 5 Decoders using new CPU revision.
- Bugfix: LokPilot 5 Basic - Read decoder data.
- New Firmware 5.4.139 for LokSound 5 and LokPilot 5 family: New CV 114 controls the fade-in time for light outputs.
- New CV 115 controls the fade-out time for light outputs.
- New CV 131 can now define the brightness level of outputs if the logical function "Dimmer" is active.
- Servo settings now allow the servo signal to remain enabled for each end position.
- LokSound 5 micro E24 DCC renamed to LokSound 5 nano DCC.
- Add Initial support for the upcoming LokPilot 5 Basic.
- New Firmware 5.4.135 for LokSound 5 and LokPilot 5 family
- Bugfixes, LokSound 5 L and LokSound 5 XL decoders:
- AUX15-AUX18 now can be any other light effect than Servo (before it was just servo output, now can be any logic level output if servo is not needed).
New Firmware 5.4.132 LokSound and LokPilot 5 Family
- Improved deceleration when constant brake mode enabled
- ABC brake mode track voltage threshold reduced
- Addition decoder support added
- Firmware 5.4.130 for LokSound and LokPilot 5 family
- Firmware update to 5.3.128 for LokSound 5 and LokPilot 5 decoders: new implemented, improved AC- and DC-Analog mode.
- Support for SignalPilot (initial release).
- Bugfix: Soundsimulator no longer crashes if sound schedule is incorrectly.
- Comments are now also copied to and from Templates
- 5.3.126 firmware for LokSound 5 and LokPilot 5 decoders:
- Fixes Servo issues in combination with ROCO Multimouse systems.
- Install firmware 5.3.125 to all LokPilot 5 or LokSound 5 decoders.
- The new firmware improves the analog DC and AC running for some older motor types.
- Implements a new TLS version so that the automatic update servers should now be reachable again.
LokProgrammer software 5.0.14 will install firmware 5.3.122 to all LokPilot 5 or LokSound 5 decoders. The new firmware fixes some smaller issues and will improve the Ditch Light behaviour. Please refer to the release notes.
- Version 5.0.13 was made available during the Easter Weekend of 2020.
This was a maintenance release which corrected some issues regarding large displays and includes new firmware for the LokSound 5 and LokPilot 5 multifunction decoders
Released March 2020
- LokPilot 5 and LokSound 5 will be upgraded to firmware version 5.3.113
Correct issues with the LokSound 5
- Firmware update to 5.1.101 for LokPilot 5 and LokSound 5: Zimo ZACK train numbers
- Bug fix to Sound Editor
- Firmware update for LokSound 5
- Random sound function bug
- Add CV 245 for automatic couple sequence delay
- Soundsimulator feature updated.
- Read and Write Decoder data: Optimised for faster decoder detection.
- Soundeditor: Default Size for Mute and Containers changed
- Firmware 5.1.101 for LokSound 5:
- Soundslot Settings: Volume goes to 255 (previously 128) for more volume.
- New audio quality at 7.812 kHz / 8 Bits.
- Modified SUSI Support for Brawa locomotives.
- New light function: Brake Light will automatically turn on while braking.
- Optimization for Zimo HLU for more reliable detection.
- RailComPlus and M4 Master Decoder Synchronisation.
- BEMF: CV116 can have values down to 25 for better control during slow speed. Small jump when stopping eliminated.
Version 5.0.8 of the LokProgrammer software was released in August 2019.
- Firmware update for the LokSound 5 decoder, updating it to 5.1.85.
- F0, F1 to F3 can be defined for control by the individual or consist address
- F0 also directional
- Current Speed flag in sound editor for testing without speed table.