Train Detection Systems
Summary: Commercial devices available for train detection with DCC
- Main article: Block Detection
A number of detection systems are available on the market.
See the Circuitron catalog for complete details.
- BD-2 / BD-2HD
- BD-3 / BD-3HD
The BD-3 is designed for DCC. The BD-2 will work with simple DCC layouts. The HD version is designed for larger currents. BD devices have Open Collector outputs.
- DT-3 Grade Crossing Detector (single direction)
- DF-1 Grade Crossing Detector with flasher (single direction)
- DF-2 Grade Crossing Detector with flasher and gate driver (optical sensors)
- DF-3 Grade Crossing Detector with flasher and gate driver (current sensors)
- TB002-DCC Dual DCC Occupancy Detector
- Designed specifically for DCC applications
- Works with their Train Brain software
Uses a relay to open and close a circuit. Current Sensing design.
Dalle offers a number of accessories for the TRAK-DT.
These devices support LocoNet
- BXP88 - Eight sections
- BXPA1 - One section, with Auto Reverse, Transponding and Power Management
- BDL168 - Sixteen sections
- BD-4 - 3A, 4 detection sections, Can also work with resistive wheel sets.
- BD-4 is not compatible with SuperSonic decoders.
- BD-20 - Current Sensing
- BOD-4 Four Sections. logic level outputs
- BOD-4CP inclues turnout motor drivers
- BOD-8 Eight sections, similar to the BPD-4
Open collector outputs allow for compatibility with a number of detection systems as well as logical circuits such as a computer.