Main Page/Getting Started
DCCWiki, a community DCC encyclopedia.
Getting Started with Wiki
- DCCWiki Quick Start - Get started editing a wiki page quickly.
- DCCWiki Tutorial - A quick, but slight more detailed than the Quick Start.
- Please see the Help tab for additional topics.
Getting Started with Digital Command Control
Learn more about DCC:
- Introduction to DCC - DCC Tutorial
- DCC advantage over DC - Why DCC is better than DC power.
- DCC versus Radio Control - Why DCC is better than R/C.
- Selecting A DCC System - Help for selecting the DCC system which is right for you.
- Choosing a DCC System - More information on the things you should look for in a DCC system.
- Wiring for DCC - Various aspects of wiring your layout for DCC.
Components of a Digital Command Control system
- Command Station - The brains of your DCC layout.
- Boosters - Getting power and signals to trains.
- Decoders - Includes both Stationary and Mobile types of decoders, the devices that make things happen.
- Power supplies - Getting power from a standard electrical outlet to your booster.
- Throttles - Control your trains.
- Throttle Network - Connecting your throttles to the command station.
- Layout Command Control: Use LCC to further enhance your layout.