Power:DCC Specialties: RRampMeter
Summary: Measures DCC, AC, and DC volts and amps. There are 4 versions of this product, and all are described on this page. Three versions are rated at 10amps max, while version 4 is rated for 20 amps and meant for large scale layouts.
|See more Misc DCC Items|
|Check Prices||Latest Prices|
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Product URL||Product Link|
|Manual URL||Manual Link|
|Has computer interface||None|
|Firmware Upgrade Possible||No|
Easy walk-around measurements of layout voltage drops, accurate booster output setup to optimum voltages for decoders and sound units.
For versions 1-3, the maximum DCC voltage is 28 volts and 10 amps, which complies with NMRA specifications. The maximum AC voltage is about 20 volts and 7.5 amps. Version 4 accepts DCC voltage of 33.8 volts and 26.6 amps (peak). AC is 24 volts ma at 20amps and DC is 33.8 volts and 26.6 amp (peak).
Version 1 can be upgraded to V2 or V3 using an upgrade kit, with MSRP prices of $39.95 USD and $49.95 USD, respectively.
- Accurate to 2%-3% of reading.
- The only inexpensive device that accurately measures DCC Volts/Amps.* Also measures AC and DC Volts/Amps.
- Costs less than DVMs that cannot measure DCC. Ver I, II, & III are rated at 10 Amps and Ver IV is rated at 20 Amps.
- Measures true RMS Volts/Amps, +/- 2%.
- Suitable for all scales.
- No batteries required.
- Designed for Left/Right-hand use.
- PCB length 5.63"; Enclosure length 4", width 2", height 1.25"
- There are 4 Styles Available:
- Version I RRampMeter Circuit Module without enclosure. Bare RRampMeter Module; 7-28 V, 10 A (DCC). MSRP $69.95 USD.
- Version II RRampMeter with Enclosure and Clip Leads. RRampMeter with enclosure and clip leads; 7-28 V, 10 A (DCC). MSRP $99.95 USD.
- Version III RRampmeter Same as II. with Battery backup for measurements below 7 Volts. RRampMeter with enclosure, clip leads and 9 V battery backup; 0-23 V,
10 A (DCC). MSRP $109.95 USD.
- Version IV RRampmeterHP Same as III but for large Scale high voltage and current applications: DCC: 38.6 v and 18-20 Amps AC: 27.6 v and 18-20 Amps DC: 38.6 v and 18-20 Amps. RRampMeter with enclosure, clip leads and 9 V battery backup; 0-23 V,
20 A (DCC). MSRP $129.95 USD.
There are 2 status LEDs to indicate either DCC or AC voltage, while both on means DCC voltage is present. DCC and AC have no polarity, so no need to worry about which way to wire this device when measuring those. When measuring DC, proper polarity is required. If you are measuring DC and get no readout, simply reverse the wires. Units with a battery or external DC power supply will display DC voltage and current irrespective of polarity.
- No FAQs link to this page.