LokSound 5 DCC Direct (58921)
Multifunction Decoder:Electronic Solutions Ulm: LokSound 5 DCC Direct (58921)
Summary: With its unique design LokSound 5 DCC Direct, with integrated PowerPack can easily replace boards that provide poor motor control, low volume, or generally inferior sound. The decoder works with most factory installed speakers. Worried about dead spots or pesky yard ladder switches? There’s no need as we’ve built in ESU PowerPack direct into the decoder!
|See more Multifunction Decoders|
|Manufacturer||Electronic Solutions Ulm|
|Compare Prices||Latest Prices|
|Manufacturer Part Number||58921|
|Common Name||LokSound 5 DCC Direct|
|Decoder Core Features||Functions, Lights, Sound|
|Product URL||Product Link|
|Manual URL||Manual Link|
The LokSound 5 DCC is made for the North American and Australian markets. It is a pure DCC Decoder, which supports RailComPlus and can be used on DC layouts.
All LokSound 5 Decoders are designed around a powerful 32-Bit processor and are improved in many aspects:
- LokSound 5 Decoders reproduce 10 sound channels simultaneously.
- Each sound channel features 16 Bit resolution and 31250 Hz sampling frequency achieves HiFi quality.
- Authentic reproduction of the prototype sounds.
- LokSound 5 Decoders achieve a discernibly better sound experience.
- Improved load control with up to 50 kHz PWM frequency and noise optimized motor control assure that, in future, coreless motors accelerate with excellent low speed characteristics.
- For the purpose of controlling lighting and other functions LokSound 5 Decoders have numerous outputs. Can control RC servos / SUSI modules, if required.
True multi-protocol Decoder supporting all four popular data formats:
- DCC with RailComPlus
- M4 format
- Automatic registration with modern Märklin® central units.
- Motorola® and Selectrix® facilitate the operation with older central units as well.
- All LokSound 5 Decoders (even N scale) support analog operation.
- North American and Australian customers, the LokSound 5 DCC family features DCC with RailComPlus only.
- Up to 32 functions, which can be assign any type of function and function button.
- Three new adjustable brake controllers
- Two-step heavy load simulation
- Random functions that allow control of special lighting effects randomly.
- Firmware of LokSound 5 Decoders can be updated to a newer version.
Some other ESU Part Numbers:
- 58420 LokSound 5 DCC Blank Decoder, 8 Pin/NEM652, gauge: 0, H0
- 58429 LokSound 5 DCC Blank Decoder, 21MTC NEM660, Gauge: 0, H0 
- 58410 LokSound 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4 Blank Decoder, 8-pin NEM652, with Speaker 11x15mm, Gauge: 0, H0
- 58412 LokSound 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4 Blank Decoder, PluX22, with speaker 11x15mm, Gauge: 0, H0 
- 58416 LokSound 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4 BlankDecoder, 6-pin NEM651, with Speaker 11x15mm, Gauge: 0, H0 
- 58419 LokSound 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4 BlankDecoder, 21MTC NEM6660, with speaker 11x15mm, Gauge: 0, H0
- 58449 LokSound 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4 BlankDecoder, 21MTC "MKL", with speaker 11x15mm, Gauge: 0, H0
This can be found on the web.
There are number of videos available regarding the LokSound 5:
- Sound Slot Design
- Creating Sound Slot Templates
- Creating Random Sounds
- Physical Output Configuration / General Output Settings
LokSound 5 DCC First Look
- No FAQs link to this page.
Articles Referencing this Page
- Videos:LokSound5 Output Configuration
- Videos:LokSound5 Random Sounds
- Videos:LokSound5 Soundslot Design
- Videos:LokSound5 Soundslot Design Creating Templates
- LokPilot V4.0 (54615)
- LokPilot V4.0 DCC (54617)
- LokPilot micro Direct (54650)
- LokSound 5 micro DCC (58228)
- LokSound 5 L DCC/MM/SX/M4 (58315)
- LokSound 5 L DCC (58325)
- LokSound 5 XL DCC/MM/SX/M4 (58513)
- LokSound 5 XL DCC/MM/SX/M4 (58515)
- LokSound 5 micro DCC Direct/Atlas Legacy (58751)
- LokSound 5 Micro (58810)
- LokSound 5 Micro (58813)
- LokSound 5 Micro (58814)
- LokSound 5 Micro (58816)
- LokSound 5 Micro (58818)
- LokSound 5 micro DCC (58820)
- LokSound 5 DCC Direct (58821)
- LokSound 5 micro DCC (58823)
- LokSound 5 Nano DCC (58925)
- LokSound 5 Micro DCC Direct Kato USA Widebody (58941)
- LokPilot 5 Basic NEM652 (59020)
- LokPilot 5 Basic (59029)
- LokPilot 5 L DCC/MM/SX/M4 (59315)
- LokPilot 5 L DCC (59325)
- LokPilot 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4 (59610)
- LokPilot 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4 (59612)
- LokPilot 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4 (59616)
- LokPilot 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4 (59619)
- LokPilot 5 DCC (59620)
- LokPilot 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4, 21MTC MKL (59649)
- LokPilot 5 micro DCC/MM/SX (59810)
- LokPilot 5 micro DCC/MM/SX (59814)
- LokPilot 5 micro DCC/MM/SX (59816)
- LokPilot 5 micro DCC/MM/SX (59817)
- LokPilot 5 micro DCC/MM/SX (59818)
- LokPilot 5 Micro DCC (59820)
- LokPilot 5 Micro DCC (59824)
- LokPilot 5 Micro DCC (59826)
- LokPilot 5 Micro DCC (59827)
- LokPilot 5 Micro DCC (59828)
- LokPilot 5 micro DCC/MM/SX (59837)
- LokPilot 5 Micro DCC (59857)
- LokPilot Basic (ESU52690)
- LokPilot V4.0 DCC (ESU54611)
- LokPilot 4.0 (ESU54613)
- LokSound 5 Nano DCC (ESU58923)
- LokPilot V4.0
- LokSound 5 DCC
- Loksound V4
- Only available from ESU LLC (USA)
- Blank Decoder: Firmware and sound projects must be loaded by dealer or user
- These multifunction decoders support NMRA DCC mode only
- Multiple Protocols supported
- M4 is the ESU implementation of Marklin's mfx protocol.
- MM: Marklin Motorola
- Many newer Marklin and some British locomotives with a 21-pin interface may not follow the standard 21MTC interface. These locomotives require amplified signals at the AUX3 and AUX4 outputs which are available with "MKL" decoders.