Multifunction Decoder:Electronic Solutions Ulm: 58921
Summary: With its unique design LokSound 5 DCC Direct, with integrated PowerPack can easily replace boards that provide poor motor control, low volume, or generally inferior sound. The decoder works with most factory installed speakers. Worried about dead spots or pesky yard ladder switches? There’s no need as we’ve built in ESU PowerPack direct into the decoder!
|See more Multifunction Decoders|
|Manufacturer||Electronic Solutions Ulm|
|Check Prices||Latest Prices|
|Manufacturer Part Number||58921|
|Decoder Core Features||Sound, Functions, Lights, Motive|
|Product URL||Product Link|
|Manual URL||Manual Link|
The LokSound 5 DCC is made for the North American and Australian markets. It is a pure DCC Decoder, which supports RailComPlus and can also be used on DC layouts.
All LokSound 5 Decoders are designed around a powerful 32 Bit processor and are improved in many aspects:
- LokSound 5 Decoders reproduce 10 sound channels simultaneously.
- Each sound channel features 16 Bit resolution and 31250 Hz sampling frequency achieves HiFi quality.
- Authentic reproduction of the prototype sounds.
- LokSound 5 Decoders achieve a discernibly better sound experience.
- Improved load control with up to 50 kHz PWM frequency and noise optimized motor control assure that, in future, coreless motors accelerate with excellent low speed characteristics.
- For the purpose of controlling lighting and other functions LokSound 5 Decoders have numerous outputs. Can control RC servos / SUSI modules, if required.
True multi-protocol Decoder supporting all four popular data formats:
- DCC with RailComPlus
- M4 format
- Automatic registration with modern Märklin® central units.
- Motorola® and Selectrix® facilitate the operation with older central units as well.
- All LokSound 5 Decoders (even N scale) support analog operation.
- North American and Australian customers, the LokSound 5 DCC family features DCC with RailComPlus only.
- Up to 32 functions, which can be assign any type of function and function button.
- Three new adjustable brake controllers
- Two-step heavy load simulation
- Random functions that allow control of special lighting effects randomly.
- Firmware of LokSound 5 Decoders can be updated to a newer version.
This can be found on the web.
There are number of videos available regarding the LokSound 5:
- Sound Slot Design
- Creating Sound Slot Templates
- Creating Random Sounds
- Physical Output Configuration / General Output Settings
LokSound 5 DCC First Look
- No FAQs link to this page.
Other places that reference here
- Videos:LokSound5 Output Configuration
- Videos:LokSound5 Random Sounds
- Videos:LokSound5 Soundslot Design
- Videos:LokSound5 Soundslot Design Creating Templates