LokSound 5 DCC
Multifunction Decoder:Electronic Solutions Ulm: LokSound 5 DCC
Summary: The lokSound 5 DCC is a NMRA DCC only multifunction decoder. It does not support other command control systems.
|See more Multifunction Decoders|
|Manufacturer||Electronic Solutions Ulm|
|Check Prices||Latest Prices|
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Decoder Core Features|
|Product URL||Product Link|
The LokSound 5 is the most important member of the LokSound family. Due to the combination of the digital decoder and the sound module on one circuit board we achieve the smallest possible dimensions of 30 mm x 15.5 mm. Therefore, it fits into almost any H0 or O-gauge locomotive.
A LokSound 5 DCC Micro decoder is expected in 2022, with a form factor suited to various N Scale locomotives.
These decoders are supplied blank for the dealer to install the sound file of your choice.
All LokSound 5 Decoders are designed around a powerful 32 Bit processor and are improved in many aspects:
- LokSound 5 Decoders reproduce 10 sound channels simultaneously.
- Each sound channel features 16 Bit resolution and 31250 Hz sampling frequency achieves HiFi quality.
- Authentic reproduction of the prototype sounds.
- LokSound 5 Decoders achieve a discernibly better sound experience.
- Improved load control with up to 50 kHz PWM frequency and noise optimized motor control assure that, in future, coreless motors accelerate with excellent low speed characteristics.
- For the purpose of controlling lighting and other functions LokSound 5 Decoders have numerous outputs. Can control RC servos / SUSI modules, if required.
True multi-protocol Decoder supporting all four popular data formats:
- DCC with RailComPlus
- M4 format
- Automatic registration with modern Märklin® central units.
- Motorola® and Selectrix® facilitate the operation with older central units as well.
- All LokSound 5 Decoders (even N scale) support analog operation.
- North American and Australian customers, the LokSound 5 DCC family features DCC with RailComPlus only.
- Up to 32 functions, which can be assign any type of function and function button.
- Three new adjustable brake controllers
- Two-step heavy load simulation
- Random functions that allow control of special lighting effects randomly.
- Firmware of LokSound 5 Decoders can be updated to a newer version.
This can be found on the web.
There are number of videos available regarding the LokSound 5:
- Sound Slot Design
- Creating Sound Slot Templates
- Creating Random Sounds
- Physical Output Configuration / General Output Settings
LokSound 5 DCC First Look
- "Bricked" LokSound Decoder
- "Locking" a LokSound Sound Project
- Rapido Sound Files for LokSound Multifunction Decoders
Other places that reference here
- Videos:LokSound5 Output Configuration
- Videos:LokSound5 Random Sounds
- Videos:LokSound5 Soundslot Design
- Videos:LokSound5 Soundslot Design Creating Templates