Digitrax Zephyr Express
See the video demo.
Digitrax DCS52 Zephyr Express Starter Set
The Digitrax Zephyr Express is the latest version of the Zephyr starter set line up. Released in January 2019. Despite being an entry level system, it is expandable via LocoNet to create a comprehensive Digital Command Control system. The Zephyr Express features the new Digitrax DCS 52, which contains an integrated command station/booster.
The Zephyr Express set includes
- DCS 52 integrated throttle/command station/booster
- Power supply included
- LT1 LocoNet cable tester and Decoder test kit
- Three Ampere booster, at 13V for both H0 and N scale operations
- Colour 2.4" LCD display
- Backlit keypad
- Integrated USB Interface
- Brake/Direction lever
- Speed control knob
- Two and Four digit addresses supported
- Twenty Slots
- Supports up to 20 trains at once, and up to 20 throttles.
Like the previous Zephyrs, one or two DC power packs can be used as throttles to control up to 2 locomotives via the Jump Ports.
The Zephyr Express features Address 00 for control of a non-decoder equipped locomotive.
- More than 9000 addresses available
- Two / Four Digit Addressing
- 0-127 Primary Addresses
- Universal consisting, including a locomotive on Address 00
- Advanced Consisting
- Basic Consisting
- Built in read and write programmer
- Blast Mode
- Register Mode
- Operations Mode
See their support page at https://www.jmri.org/help/en/html/hardware/loconet/DCS52.shtml