Digitrax Zephyr Xtra
This set has been superseded by the Zephyr Express in 2019.
The DCS51 Digitrax Zephyr Xtra is an upgraded, 3.0 Amp version of the DCS 50 Zephyr. Digitrax offers this as a basic, entry level starter set.
Launched in 2002, the Zephyr is Digitrax's all-in-one entry level DCC system. Digitrax upgraded this set to the Zephyr Xtra in 2011. The Xtra has additional keys and functions. The older Zephyr/DCS50 is not upgradeable to this model (DCS51).
DCS51 Zephyr Xtra Overview
The Digitrax Zephyr Xtra comes with the following in the set
- DCS51 Throttle/Command Station/Booster
- Power supply (PS314)
Plus the Loconet tester and manuals.
- Large speed control knob
- Direction switch with Brake function.
- Full numeric key pad
- Large easy to read LED display
- Two and Four digit addressing capability.
- Jump Ports: Up to two DC (analog) power packs can be employed as additional throttles
- Three Amp output
- Up to 9983 addresses
- Two or Four digit addressing
- Twenty nine functions (F0-F28) available
- Address 00 available
- Consisting: UniVersal, Basic and Advanced
- Twenty slots
- Supports Page, Direct and Register modes.
- Operations mode.
- Blast Mode (For sound decoders).
Digitrax released a software update for the DCS51/Zephyr Xtra in July 2015.
The power supply (PS314) for the Xtra is not available as a separate item.
The specifications are an output of 13.8VDC at 3.8A If a new supply is needed, verify the requirements by checking the manual.