Starter Set by Digitrax:Zephyr Xtra
|This item has been replaced by Zephyr Express|
Summary: The DCS51 Digitrax Zephyr Xtra is an upgraded, 3.0 Amp version of the Zephyr, using the DCS50 system. Launched in 2002, the Zephyr is Digitrax's all-in-one entry level DCC system. Digitrax upgraded this set to the Zephyr Xtra in 2011. The Xtra has additional keys and functions. The older Zephyr/DCS50 is not upgradeable to this model (DCS51). This set has been superseded by the Zephyr Express in 2019.
|See more Start Sets|
|MSRP||225.00 USD229.05 EUR <br />200.41 GBP <br />340.04 AUD <br />303.55 CAD <br />|
|Compare Prices||Latest Prices|
|Product URL||Product Link|
|Manual URL||Manual Link|
|See command station for additional features of this starter set.|
DCS51 Zephyr Xtra Overview
The Digitrax Zephyr Xtra comes with the following in the set
- DCS51 Throttle/Command Station/Booster
- Power supply (PS314)
- Loconet tester and manuals.
Other Zephyr Start Sets
- Zephyr (DCS50) - 2002
- Zephyr Xtra (DCS51) - 2011
- Zephyr Express (DCS52) - 2019
- Large speed control knob
- Direction switch with Brake function.
- Full numeric key pad
- Large easy to read LED display
- Two and Four digit addressing capability.
- Jump Ports: Up to two DC (analog) power packs can be employed as additional throttles
- Three Amp output
- Up to 9983 addresses
- Two or Four digit addressing
- Twenty nine functions (F0-F28) available
- Address 00 available
- Consisting: UniVersal, Basic and Advanced
- Twenty slots
- Supports Page, Direct and Register modes.
- Operations mode.
- Blast Mode (For sound decoders).
Digitrax released a software update for the DCS51/Zephyr Xtra in July 2015.
The software version can be determined using the DigIPL software from Digitrax and a PR3 LocoNet interface.
Resetting the DCS51
There is an error in the manual: To reset the DCS52, OpSw39 needs to be changed. The manual states OpSw36, which is not present in the Zephyr Xtra.
The power supply (PS314) for the Xtra is not available as a separate item.
The specifications are an output of 13.8VDC at 3.8A. If a new supply is needed, verify the requirements by checking the manual.
- Command station
- Digitrax Zephyr
- Digitrax Zephyr Express
- Command Stations List
- Starter Set
Zephyr Xtra FAQs
Search for more Zephyr Xtra FAQs
Other places that reference here
- Configuration Variable
- Digitrax Hints
- Digitrax Products
- Digitrax Products/Digitrax Throttles
- Digitrax Products/Digitrax Throttles - Retired
- Digitrax Products/Retired Starter Sets
- Digitrax Zephyr OPS Mode Decoder Programming