Command Station: PowerCab Summary: The Power Cab is a combination throttle, command station and booster in one, in the form of a handheld throttle. It can also be used as a throttle only when connected to an NCE Booster
|See more Command Stations|
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Common Name||Power Cab|
|Product URL||Product Link|
|Manual URL||Manual Link|
|Has computer interface||None|
|Firmware Upgrade Possible||Yes|
|Integrated Throttle||Knobs and Buttons|
|Throttle Network||Cab Bus|
|Separate Programming Track|
|Max Simultaneous Throttles|
|Max Simultaneous Trains||12|
|Supported Consisting Methods||Advanced, Basic, Other|
|Auto Shuffle Train / Signal Speed Control||No|
|Input Power Waveform|
The NCE Power Cab is a full featured small layout DCC starter system intended for more common home size layouts. It has a full 2 line 16 character LCD display the uses full English words or phrases that are easily understood. Integrated menu system guides you step by step on what to do and when. The NCE PowerCab has two modes of operation. 1) As standard ProCab which is a full feature NCE cab that can be used with any NCE other system as a spare throttle. 2) In PowerCab mode where it becomes a complete standalone DCC system with a cab, Command Station and booster integrated inside the Cab case and powers the layout. In this mode, it must be connected to the layout at all times since track power flows down the PowerCab cable.
In PowerCab mode, The NCE PowerCab supports a full featured programming track capability but does not use a dedicated set of terminals. Instead, it internally switches dynamically from normal full power booster mode to limited current Programming track mode using the same track terminal wires. It can run up to 12 trains simultaneously but the actual number of trains is less due to the limited 1.5a current rating. Smaller scales will be able to run more trains than larger scales.
The PowerCab is expandable in many ways.
- You can add up to 3 more walk-around cabs for a total of 4 operators.
- You can add radio to the system to allow the use of walk-around radio cabs.
- There is a USB computer interface allowing computer-based train operation, decoder programming and WiFI throttles.
- You can upgrade the current to a full 5A with the addition of the NCE SB5 (Smart Booster 5Amp). This upgrade also free's the PowerCab itself up so it too can work as a walkaround cab providing 4 walkaround cabs.
- No FAQs link to this page.