PR4 Programmer (PR4)
Programming:Digitrax: PR4 Programmer (PR4)
Summary: The PR4 is a LocoNet device that allows downloading of sound files to a Digitrax sound decoder, or reflashing their firmware. It is also used to update the firmware for Digitrax throttles and command stations. It provides a USB to LocoNet interface as well.
|See more Misc DCC Items|
|MSRP||95 USD96.71 EUR <br />84.62 GBP <br />143.57 AUD <br />128.16 CAD <br />|
|Compare Prices||Latest Prices|
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Common Name||PR4 Programmer|
|Product URL||Product Link|
|Manual URL||Manual Link|
|Has computer interface||Other|
|Firmware Upgrade Possible|
|Height||27 mm2.7 cm <br />0.027 m <br />1.063 in <br />0.0886 ft <br />|
|Length||95 mm9.5 cm <br />0.095 m <br />3.74 in <br />0.312 ft <br />|
|Width||67 mm6.7 cm <br />0.067 m <br />2.638 in <br />0.22 ft <br />|
The PR4 is an upgrade to the PR3. It is faster and smaller than its predecessor. It was later packaged with a power supply and branded as the PR4 Xtra.
The PR4 is a LocoNet device that allows downloading of sound files to a Digitrax sound decoder, or reflashing the firmware. It also acts as an interface between LocoNet and a computer. It uses a USB 2.0 interface to a computer. It replaced the PR3.
The PR4 was rebranded the PR4 Xtra, which includes the power supply.
See LocoNet Page for more information on this and the PR3.
- Multifunction USB to LocoNet
- Optimized for Direct mode, up to 3 times faster than PR3
- Electrically Isolated between USB and LocoNet
- Digitrax “SoundLoader” compatible. Loads Digitrax sound projects to SFX decoders
- Programs CVs for most DCC decoders
- LocoNet MS100 mode
- Automatic configuration
- Standalone operation for CV and SoundFX programming without a Digitrax Command Station
- LED status indicator lights
- Blue LED indicates USB connection is active and PR4 is in LocoNet mode.
- Flashing blue LED indicates it is in programming mode.
- Red and Green Status LEDs used for resets and other processes.
- Firmware updates available from Digitrax Web site.
- Includes PS14 Power Supply
- Mac OS with JMRI
- Windows XP, Vista, 2000, 7, and 8
It requires a programming track.
See PR4 Webpage
The PR4 Xtra comes with a power supply.
- Connection Issues with Digitrax Command Station USB Port
- Digitrax PR4 Drivers
- Digitrax PR4 Locking Up
- Digtrax and Indexed CVs
Articles Referencing this Page
- Athearn Genesis With Tsunami TSU-1000
- Computer Interface List
- DCC Software
- Videos:DCS52 Firmware Upgrade
- Digitrax Hints
- Digitrax Products
- LocoNet/LocoNet Interfaces
- LocoNet Termination
- Programming Track
- Automatic Reverser (AR1)
- BDL162 Block Detection (BDL162)
- Quad Switch Decoder (DS74)
- LocoNet WiFi Interface (LNWI)
- PR3/PR3Xtra (PR3)
- Pluggable Terminal Block Kit (PTBK)
- The PR4 did not originally include a power supply.
- Some Digitrax multifunction decoders may be damaged by voltages other than those provided by the PS14.